Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Favorite Running Shoe Link-Up

A couple of fellow bloggers that I stalk on a daily occasion are hosting a link-up for people to talk about their favorite running shoes, why they purchased them, and how they have helped them!  I decided to participate since I have just purchased my first pair of running shoes that I was actually fitted for!!!  


With that being said, I headed out on Friday to find the prefect pair of running shoes for my feet!  A pair that complimented my feet in a good way {my sister's joke that I have hooves for feet! Yes, I am abused by my sisters!!!} Little did I know that there was a lot more into than getting a pair of shoes that make your feet look good!!  My friend Rosa and I headed to Boulder Running Company and the girl that helped us was so knowledgeable about running, shoes, strides, etc.  She put us in a pair of shoes that had no support whatsoever and put us on a treadmill.  After recording our stride she evaluated it with us and come to find out I pronate as I land!  Hence why my knees and the heel of my left foot have been killing me lately!  
After trying on 3 different pairs of shoes that would give me the support so that I don't pronate anymore I chose these beauts............DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!

BROOKS ADRENALINE GTS 13
Since Friday I have ran 12 miles and 3 miles on the elliptical and I must say that my knees hurt less and my heel, well pain??  I wouldn't have known it even existed!  It's amazing to know that a pair of running shoes are only good for around 500 miles! I did get blisters, but I am constantly getting blisters with any pair of shoes that I have ever owned...I even have blister resistant socks. I have learned just to deal with the blisters and Bandaid makes a blister bandaid that I constantly have on my feet!

   I was previously running in a pair of Reebok ZigZags that I got because I thought the were "cute" and that was a long time ago!!!  It's a no wonder I was hurting while running!  Here's to my first half marathon in my amazing Brooks!!!

I learned a lot going to the a running store and getting fitted in a pair of shoes!  I will stick to the running stores when it comes time to getting my next pair of shoes!  I actually can't wait!!  I wanted them all!!  



Here are my new Brooks securely fastened to my "Hooves"!!!!


If you are wanting more/different information on favorite running shoes, check out Mel's blog!  She has all of the different links for the Running Shoe Link-Up!!!!

Time to lace up my beauts and head to Sloan's lake for my daily run!!!!






2 comments:

  1. YAY YAY YAY - thank you so much for linking up. I also bought shoes because they were "cute". hahaha - bad mistake. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up! I've been learning so much about all the different shoes...Brooks definitely has it in the favorite shoe department though!

    ReplyDelete